Careers at Outer Places
Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)
The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) will develop, execute and lead sales and revenue growth strategies and initiatives to achieve growth targets. The CRO will own the entire revenue generation process accountable for developing new revenue opportunities/models and leading key client account strategy and planning.
- Lead and manage the revenue strategy, teams and all revenue-generation & execution opportunities.
- Develop and own Outer Places' go-to-market strategy
- Identify and create client and data driven solution oriented sales opportunities.
- Partner with editorial and creative teams to create innovative ideas and programs leveraging our full suite of assets
- Responsible for meeting quarterly and annual revenue account targets by owning the sales strategy from conception to execution
- Build and maintain channel of high quality client relationships and partnerships
- Provide accurate and timely management information, revenue forecasts, reports and analysis, and ensure clear communication to executive leadership team and stakeholders.
- Drive brand integrations including digital, social, and experiential
- Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the businesses overall strategy
- Demonstrated achievement as a Chief Revenue Officer
- 10+ years of experience managing sales and/or business development teams
- Demonstrated success in sales strategy planning and execution
- Strong collaborator that works well cross functionally, across the company, and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ambitious and passionate about science and science fiction in the marketplace
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Chief Revenue Officer"
Front End Developer
We're seeking a conversion-savvy Front End Developer with the experience to help us execute creative concepts in the form of new site features, great UI/UX, landing pages, email campaigns, digital banner / PPC ads, social media content, and more. You’re a developer first but aren’t afraid of wearing other hats when the need arises, or of taking a leadership role to push the product and company forward.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Familiarity with PHP CMS’s (Joomla is a big plus)
- Understanding of cross-browser and cross device testing (our audience is overwhelmingly mobile)
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members and clients
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator or similar
- Experience creating custom graphics for the web and email
It would be awesome if you had a/an:
- Experience working with Joomla and WordPress sites before
- Experience working in a team environment, but could also work on your own based on project requirements
- Passion for learning new technologies and improving your skill set through self-learning
- Inherent ability to solve problems by thinking strategically
- Ability to work efficiently under deadlines
Technologies we use:
- PHP/Joomla CMS
- Git & Github
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Front End Developer"