Careers at Outer Places
Love Science & Sci-fi? Outer Places is looking to expand our network of freelance contributors, which means you have the chance to showcase your talents, write about the things you love, and even get paid!
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected], along with a few writing samples, and we'll get back to you with how to get started.
Social Media Specialist
Outer Places is looking for a Social Media Specialist to join its growing team. As the go-to digital destination for sci-fi and science content, we’ve built our success around optimizing our content for the most relevant platforms. Our audience is millennial guys consuming our content on mobile, primarily on Facebook. As a Social Media Specialist, you’ll lead the day-to-day of Outer Places’ social media presence with exposure to both the macro elements of our content strategy and the operational elements of analyzing and optimizing our content’s performance.
- Manage community through commenting, sharing and engaging with our audience
- Provide actionable analysis of our social media presence to determine what works and what doesn’t
- Work closely with the editorial and video production teams to optimize content for social
- Play an active role in refining our overall content and distribution strategy for social
- Coordinate Facebook Live publishing with Facebook Live Manager
- Update the Outer Places team on broader trends in the industry
- Write social media posts using our unique editorial voice
- 2+ years of relevant experience in social media (of which at least 1 year is focused on Facebook account management)
- A natural interest in and curiosity about all things social
- Strong grasp of other social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) and how and why things go viral
- A passion for science-fiction. Ideally, you’ve been to a Comic-Con and probably have an opinion about which Star Wars movie is the best
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Social Media Specialist"
114 W 17th Street
New York, NY 10011