Where Science Meets Science Fiction
Close mobile menu

WHERE SCIENCE MEETS SCIENCE FICTION

Hellboy(2004)

Hellboy poster

In the final days of World War II, the Nazis attempt to use black magic to aid their dying cause. The Allies raid the camp where the ceremony is taking place, but not before a demon - Hellboy - has already been conjured. Joining the Allied forces, Hellboy eventually grows to adulthood, serving the cause of good rather than evil.

Director(s)
Guillermo del Toro
Writer(s)
Release Date
Producer(s)
Lawrence Gordon
Mike Richardson
Language English
Genres FantasyActionScience Fiction
Runtime 2 hours, 2 minutes
Budget $66,000,000.00
Revenue $99,318,987.00
Production Revolution StudiosDark Horse EntertainmentLawrence Gordon ProductionsStarlite Films
Homepage http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/hellboy/

Featured Cast Members:

Trailers and Videos:

Trailer

Amazon Is Now Quietly Selling AI-Enhanced Facial 'Rekognition' Tech to the Government

As fascinating as they are ethically dubious, artificial intelligence and facial recognition technology have been creeping into almost...

Chris Mahon

Giant Hammerhead Flatworms Which Can Regenerate Themselves are a Growing Problem in France

It would be one thing if a single invasive species began making a home somewhere it wasn't supposed to. But when there's several...

Jonathan Kesh

An Artificial Intelligence is Taught to Tell Jokes, and the Results are Almost Funny

It's always fascinating to watch an AI program attempt creative tasks — partly because of the philosophical questions that come...

Jonathan Kesh

This Shape-Shifting Robot Can Teach Itself to Walk on Anything (No Humans Required)

If imagining Boston Dynamics' Atlas relentlessly chasing you down through the woods like a low-budget Terminator doesn't scare you,...

Chris Mahon

Scientists Say They Can Finally Explain Saturn's Weirdly Shaped Inner Moons

If you thought moons always look ours--white, cratered, and sphere-shaped--Saturn's inner moons prove otherwise: of its roughly 150...

Chris Mahon

We Just Found an Ancient Barbarian Massacre That Makes 'Game of Thrones' Sound Tame

Over 400 years before the anonymous, knife-handed Longobard warrior found in Northern Italy walked the Earth, two Germanic tribes met...

Chris Mahon

Humans Are Less Than 1% of Life on Earth—But We've Killed Most of the Other 99%

As a famous wordsmith once said: "Men lie, women lie, numbers don't." The argument that humans have contributed greatly to the current...

Andrew LaSane

Astronomers Have Discovered Two Distant and Very Bright 'High Redshift' Quasars

Quasars are among the brightest and farthest objects we've found throughout the known universe, but we haven't found very many. So...

Jonathan Kesh

SpaceX Shares New Details On Its 'Crew Dragon' Spacecraft Designed for Human Spaceflight

With everything SpaceX has done recently (several dozen successful rocket launches and a Tesla floating through space to show for it)...

Jonathan Kesh