Alien Isolation Review Round-Up - It's The Game The Alien Franchise Deserves
It has been a long, long time since Ridley Scott's Alien franchise received a video game entry worthy of one of science fiction's greatest properties, but the development team behind Creative Assembly's Alien Isolation had been making a lot of noises that had a lot of people believing the drought was about to end. Released on October 7th, Alien Isolation is going to offer something completely different to a lot of previous entries into the franchise, swapping scattergun firing and hordes of Xenomorphs for a suspense-filled stealth-based gameplay in which the aim is to avoid rather than kill the titular beast. But what do the critics say? Well, we've compiled a whole load of reviews and condensed them into digestible sound-bites to help you decide if Alien Isolation is truly the game that the Alien franchise deserves.
- "This terrifying game is a passionate homage to a horror classic, and a rich, well-designed stealth experience in its own right." 5/5 - The Guardian
- "The game the Alien series has always deserved. A deep, fun stealth game set in an evocatively realised sci-fi world." 93% - PC Gamer
- "Unique stealth-horror thriller that combines great pacing and smart design with razor-sharp AI that's unpredictable in all the right ways. It's an arduous undertaking, but it begs to be experienced."9/10 Total Xbox
- "In perfectly capturing the essence of Scott's original, Creative Assembly has given us a creature to be feared again, and delivered the scariest game of the year. Prepare to scream." 5/5 - Empire Magazine
- "A total-immersion simulation of the film, with all of the horror, cruelty, disempowerment, and desperate, hard-fought triumphs that entails." 4.5/5 - Games Radar
- "'Alien: Isolation' is the most terrifying game I've ever played"The Verge
- "Alien: Isolation erases the memory of Colonial Marines, but it's still not the great Alien game we were hoping for." 5.9 - IGN
- "Alien: Isolation isn't the worst Alien game, but thanks to its unrealized potential, it just might be the most disappointing."> 6.5 - Polygon
- "Alien: Isolation provides us a glimpse into a future that holds the Alien game you've always wanted. It is not, however, the vessel that carries you there." 6/10 - Gamespot
Alien Isolation is released on all platforms on October 7th.